Breathing in the fresh air, waking up to the sounds of nature surrounding you, hot coffee in hand, with beautiful views of mist-covered mountains and forests, unwinding from the busy life, and camping. Looking for a place to do just that?
Wayanad offers that and more. From adrenaline-filled activities to calm and relaxing ones. Lush-green forests, mist-covered lands, sounds of chirping birds, rushing waters, people laughing, local delicacies, and more.
CAMPING IN WAYANAD
From beautiful views to divine foods, one stay option for your Wayanad nature experience would be Lanternstay. Nature is your playground here, with a view of the sunrise, trekking, bird watching, various games, campfire, stargazing, fresh air, and natural springs, you are free to let go of your stress and unwind.
Instilling the love for nature in your mind, spending time with your loved ones, activities filled with adrenaline, and homey Kerala-style cuisine. For nature lovers, adventure enthusiasts, and people looking to take a break from their busy lives, this experience is surely for you.
Not a fan of camping? That’s fine too! There are various forest resorts in Wayanad to pick from. Various stay options, food options, and activity options for your liking. A space for you to make memories and bond.
Lanternstay is one of them and offers other stay options like treehouses, wooden cottages, villas, and suites, giving you that same pleasure, homey feeling, and experience of unwinding and immersing yourself in the beauty of nature.
A few places you can visit in Wayanad would be
- Chembra Peaks: Known for its beautiful heart-shaped lake and view, it is a must-visit. A full-day trek through a tea plantation uphill. This is a perfect activity for adventure enthusiasts and a perfect spot for couples. The best time to visit would be during May-August.
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary: This would be a fun place to visit if you have kids. With the different animals and lively environment, you and your loved ones are sure to enjoy. The best time to visit would be during summer if your focus is sightseeing. Different seasons bring out different animals. So, sighting one depends on luck.
- Soochipara waterfalls: With the sounds of rushing water amidst the greenery, this waterfall is truly a sight. To visit these falls, it is a downward trek from the entrance. Following the trekking trail you’ll reach the bottom of the falls. The best time to visit would be after the monsoon, in October-February. If you’re looking for a stay option near the falls, Lanternstay is the best option.
- Edakkal Caves: It’s known for its unique rock formation and archeological importance. The cave has various carvings depicting different ancient scriptures. Once you reach the top, you are welcomed with a beautiful view and can rest while enjoying the view. The trek to visit these caves is a steep step climb. It is best to avoid going here during monsoon seasons as there is a chance of it being closed. The best time to visit would be from November to February.
- Meenmutty Waterfall: The refreshing water of Meenmutty Waterfall is yet another place you could visit. After trekking for a little while you can view the falls and can trek further up if you’d like. You can visit these falls at any time throughout the year. Although the trails further up would be closed off during monsoon season.
- Pookode Lake: A beautiful lake with aquatic life, water lilies, and lotuses. Pookode Lake has boating, an aquarium, souvenir shops, and shops with local delicacies. Open throughout the year, the best time to visit the lake would be during the early hours for boating, to enjoy your time, and to have fun.
Wayanad is filled with wonders, places to visit, foods to enjoy, and memories to make. Offering activities like trekking, boating, sightseeing, and divine, mouth-watering Kerala-style food, Wayanad is the place to go. Picking the right place for you to stay, unwind, and experience is necessary. If you’re looking for one, Lanternstay offers everything and more while you relax and enjoy your time unwinding with nature. A home away from home.